Aug 6, 2012

Music Mondays: Future + Past

TRILLECTRO


Though I do not live in DC, if I still did, I would be checking this show out. A chance to see some of the dope DC area musicians like Oddisee, Tabi Bonney, DJ Underdog is good enough, but Flosstradamus has been killing the club remixes of everything lately and it would be cool to see it done live. I can just be jealous of the show, and the doep flyer, long distance and encourage others to go and tell me about it afterwards. Check it out at http://dctobc.com/trillectro/



ROCKI EVANS

I know this is older material and a bit out of a left field post, but I recently came across some songs by Rocki Evans and I like his mix of hip hop production (throwback style) and soulful singing. This is the type of sound I wish folks like Anthony Hamilton would rock with, but I am glad to see an authentic voice of soul singing using the Golden Era sound as a backdrop for his words. Check out his Bandcamp link below and the latest remix/ cut from SoundCloud below.






LUVJONEZ - MENTAL RENTAL

One more plug for my upcoming release, tomorrow, for an instrumental hip hop project of 30 songs with unreleased material and remixes of mellow, throwback beats to fit inside your head on your daily commute. Preview or Pre-order today or check it out on Bandcamp here: http://luvjonez.bandcamp.com/album/mental-rental

No comments: