Aug 11, 2012

Logan Hicks: Stencil Master

While attending the Joe Lurato and Chris Stain show last night, I headed to the drink cart to get a water (good story I know). While waiting for my drink, a guy and his son walk up beside me to also ask for water and when i looked up, it was stencil and street art master Logan Hicks.

I recognized him from always checking out new work on his site at http://www.loganhicks.com/ and had a chance to talk to him for a few minutes. He told me about some upcoming shows and I asked about all of his recent sewer and bridge photos that I see on Facebook all the time.

Almost 10 years ago, I was walking down the street in Milwaukee and saw a "workhorse" tag on the sidewalk and recognized the name from an article I read in Anthem magazine. It was nice to meet the man in person and discuss his work.

The amount of work that goes into his images is staggering, often huge canvases of layered stencils with incredible detail, best seen in person.

Check out his recent work below and his website for more and do some research on one of the OG's of the street art and stencil art movement.



No comments: