Aug 5, 2012

2012 DMC Finals: The Results Are In

For my first time seeing the DMCs live and in-person, it turned out to be a pretty dope show. Hosted by Lord Finesse, who took time to crack jokes, freestyle some gems, took turns cutting on the tables and spoke honesty about his issue with Mac Miller (unprovoked), the finals featured a few DJs I knew and many I didn't. However, in addition to seeing fan favorites like DJ Precision of the X-ecutioners crew ( who won) and Boogie Blind (also of Xmen), it was nice to see some former champs share the stage and cut live, like DJ Cheese, Snayk Eyez, Spiktacular, Total Eclipse, DJ Swamp, and Fat Fingaz. I even got to meet Pharoah Monch (one of my all time top MCs) who was just hanging out in the crowd watching. Even got a chance to see my old friend and professional goofball DJ John Swan in the crowd. Overall, great event and glad to see DJs still drawing a crowd with scratching in 2012! Pics below!

DJ SOL RISING, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SKWINT
1986 DMC CHAMP, DJ CHEESE

LORD FINESSE, HOST
PRE-BATTLE CREW PRACTICE W/ FAT FINGAZ, PRECISION AND WAYSTYLEZ

No comments: