Aug 10, 2012

Fine Art Friday: Chris Stain, Joe Lurato, Dave McKean

JOE IURATO X CHRIS STAIN

I hate to lump two great artists together in one post, but in this case, they are doing a show tonight @The Mighty Tanaka in Dumbo, Brooklyn (NY) called DEEP IN THE CUT (New Work by Chris Stain and Joe Iurato) and it makes perfect sense. I am a long time fan of both of their work, as it is the type of street art that makes you stop and study it with the level of detail and mystery that they both build into the process. Both artists interact with the surrounding walls and objects and I have long enjoyed the similar but distinctly different methods they use to execute the work. If you can't make it to the show tonight in BK, check out there work online and educate your self on some quality artwork hidden a neighborhood near you.


DAVE MCKEAN
Though he is a legend in the comic book art world, I always enjoy revisiting the work of Dave McKean whenever I need inspiration. His work floored me the first time I saw it and I realized that having a "dark" style and abusing photographic source material was a legitimate path to follow. I have long been a fan of darker themes in art work, as evidenced on my @Pinterest account I guess, and McKean was a launching point for me. If you don't know his work, check more out below and online here.



No comments: