Mar 2, 2014

Throwback: Kev Brown - "Always" (9th Wonder Remix)



Many songs about relationships come and go, but rarely in hip hop, has any track been as honest and relate-able as the track "Always" by Kev Brown. Released in 2003, I picked up the 12" single for this based on the featured remix by 9th Wonder, who was bubbling with heat at the moment, so I figured if he was part of it, Kev Brown must be cool. After hearing both the original and the remix, I realized that this was, and still is, my go to song to explain to women about the life of being a creative person and still rock in my mixes (and ipod) today. The line "Give a dude room to breath/ then maybe you can receive/ somethin' real instead of the fake..." is the perfect quote to let some of the goofball ladies of the world know the truth about the when and where we need to create and how it may not align with your ideal mate. Great words, great song, great remix. Check it out and vibe out on some truth!

No comments: