Jul 20, 2013

Listen: Frank Black - "Bullfly"



I recently came across the work of Oklahoma emcee Frank Black and his album "The Unquestionable Truth" and was impressed with the quality music coming from his corner of the map. The Southwest typically does not get much shine from the hip hop world, but from the first track on the album, I could tell that Frank has a good head on his shoulders. Among the many well-crafted songs on the album, the song "Bullfly" stuck out to me the most. Frank drops knowledge about growing up and trying to "be the best I can be" in the face of unbalanced odds. He reminds me of Supastition and Little Brother (in their hey day) and carries the True School spirit of the DMV with him out in OK. Hopefully there is more to come from this slept-on emcee. Check out the album and support quality music!

No comments: