Oct 22, 2012

Video: Beat Junkies 20th Anniversary


Despite the bad sound quality of the following videos, I got the chance to see the Beat Junkies 20th Anniversary show live and in the front row this past Sunday in Brooklyn. With special appearances by Marley Marl, Da Beatminerz, X-Ecutioners, Craig G, Rolli Rho, Breakbeat Lou and in house visitors like Talib Kweli, Ali Shaheed Muhammed, Marco Polo, Lord Finesse and others, it was a fun night to see many of my favorite artists and people rock together in one place, for the first time in 20 years. I got a chance to see Shortkut, Rob Swift, Melo-D, Babu, Rhettmatic and D-Styles do solo sets and team sets and reminded me why I love DJing and scratching so much. Please excuse the crappy sound of my camera and try to enjoy a rare treat of the world famous Beat Junkies ripping shit up for a new generation live on stage.

Check for solo performances by each artist and more videos later today.

Shortkut (Beat Junkies) - warm-up routine

 

Final Jam Session with Beat Junkies and Guests

D-Styles and Melo-D routine

No comments: