Jun 1, 2012

Fine Art Fridays: June edition

Dutch artist Koen Hauser recently produced a body of work, no pun intended, called Modische Atlas der Anatomie, that diagrams the female form in digitally manipulated photographs. While this seems to be a popular theme, to strip away the layers of skin to show the organs (Damien Hirst, etc.), it is always interesting to see each artists approach. Among the wave of recent news stories of brain and heart eating roommates and face-eating homeless dudes, this too seems relevant.

See more at www.koenhauser.com

THE MODERN GRAF ARTIST
Graffiti has come a long way from the simple bubble letters and quick scribbles of old days, and I wanted to highlight some of the recent work by graf artists whose work I follow for the Fine Art Fridays features. Feel free to share your own, but here are some people who keep pushing the art further:

KEMR
ROIDS


DEMON 202 - this dude never disappoints


NUNCA (Brasil)


These are some of my favorite artists to follow, some I know personally, some I don't, but every time I think I know the limitations of graf, I am proved wrong.

No comments: