May 18, 2012

The Name Game

For those of you who have asked about where I got the name for the blog THE DOUBLE TRUTH, it is based on the last line spoken by Samuel L Jackson at the end of the "race rant" in DO THE RIGHT THING by Spike Lee. This scene has stuck with me since I saw it the first time as a kid because it was an interesting way to confront the stereotypes and hatred from each ethnic group within that Brooklyn neighborhood. I always liked the way he moved toward the camera and seemed to be yelling at the viewer, as we are all guilty of thinking this way from time to time.

For those of you that thought it was a reference to double speak from George Orwell's 1984, while it is not, that too has its merit as a way of talking one way, but meaning another. Either way, maybe this will help explain it for those of you that have no idea what I am talking about in both cases. Do your research!



Skip to 3:00 if you don't want to wait!

No comments: