Jun 26, 2012

Video: House Shoes ft. Big Tone - "Time"



I'm glad to see House Shoes finally release some of his heat rocks on a CD and do it official with some videos. I remember checking for his little beat samples on Myspace years ago and wondering how I could get a copy without asking him directly. Now, all of those songs, plus instrumentals and other gems from the House Shoes collection are getting the exposure they deserve. If you liked any of the Beat Junkies releases by Babu and Vinroc, which is what this mostly reminds me of, you will like this. Hopefully, people will now know House Shoes for something other than shutting down Charles Hamilton's career and understand why he reps Dilla and the Detroit scene so hard. Good to see Big Tone getting some exposure as well.

Check out more at djhouseshoes.com

See if you recognize the same samples that Dilla flipped from Donuts "My people" and Fantastic Vol. 2 "Climax". Dopeness!

No comments: