Jun 6, 2012

Big K.R.I.T. x Combat Jack: Quality Air Time



I have been listening to the Combat Jack show for a long time now and I am always impressed that they can keep me interested for upwards of 2 hours at a time. It feels like you are listening to your friends hang out and talk trash about grown man hip-hop concerns and it always entertains.

This past week, they had BIG KRIT on the show to talk about life and his career and I was glad to see someone with so much buzz be on a more humble grind and talk to the hip-hop fans of all backgrounds. if KRIT is only acting like a Johnny Depp "aw shucks" famous type, then he is very convincing, but he seems authentic and appreciative of all of the attention he has gotten over the last few years.

From mixtape and guest features to his high-quality free albums of the past year or so, KRIT always seems to bring a good balance to the down south style and throwback lyrical, honest, hip-hop of the golden era. So far he is like a mix of ATLiens-era Outkast and Little Brother to me and I have been a fan of most everything thus far.

Check out the interview above to hear the meeting of many minds that care about the quality of the modern hip-hop culture like few do these days.

No comments: